Go Outside and Play!

Go outside and play!” said God.
“I have given you Universes
as fields to run free in!
And here—take this and wrap yourself in it—It’s called:
LOVE
and It will always, always keep you warm.
And stars! The sun and the moon and the stars!
Look upon these often, for they will remind you
of your own light!
And eyes…oh, gaze into the eyes of every Lover.
Gaze into the eyes of every other
for they have given you their Universes
as fields to run free in.
There.
I have given you everything you need.
Now go, go, go outside and play!”

‘Go Outside and Play’ © 2007 Em Claire
myspace layouts

myspace layouts

THANK YOU FOR VISITING "MUSINGS". HOPE YOU WILL SIGN MY GUESTBOOK AND FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON ANY INDIVIDUAL POST. COMMENTS OPTION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH POST. I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VISIT AND RETURN OFTEN!

Mountain Top Guest Book

View Guestbook
Sign Guestbook

Sunday, August 23, 2009

WHAT I LEARNED ON MY SUMMER VACATION...

Eagle at Drayton Harbor, Washington...



During my visit to the state of Washington recently, my friend and I went out shopping...yes, we did! When we checked out, she had one item, I had two. When the clerk rang up my purchase she asked if I wanted a bag. It seemed a strange question to me, and I responded, that yes, I would like a bag. As we were leaving I commented to my friend that I found her question a little strange. Growing up in a small town, I had always been taught that all merchandise bought must be carried out in a bag...and that is where my thoughts STOPPED... My friend patiently and tactfully explained to me that there is a movement in Seattle to discourage folks from using the plastic store bags when possible. Well, of course!!! What a great idea. I have never liked the thought that many years after I am gone from this old world that my kmart, kroger, etc. bags will still be around for future generations to wonder about...to wonder why previous generations had been so careless and thoughtless and lacking any imagination . Now when I go into a store for an item or two, I think about that trip and turn down the bag...I can't tell you how righteous I feel!!! One less bag in circulation.


Yes, I have reusable bags, they are in my car, I even laid one in the front floorboard but yet, I don't ever seem to think of them till I am in the checkout lane.


Just recently Seattle wanted to tax each bag at .25 a bag, fought by the plastic bag companies, the attempt was voted down. Big business gets its way once again, at least for the time being. Its clear that Western states are years ahead of us here in the South. And I thank you, Marcia, for educating me once again! HAPPY SHOPPING !!!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Yes ... reusable bags kept in the car. Smart? Yes. The heart is in the right place for being earth friendly... now if my brain could remember to take them inside the store for shopping, all would be well. :)

Lily said...

good post, have commented on it at good to know and also stole your pic... hope you don't mind!