Go Outside and Play!

Go outside and play!” said God.
“I have given you Universes
as fields to run free in!
And here—take this and wrap yourself in it—It’s called:
LOVE
and It will always, always keep you warm.
And stars! The sun and the moon and the stars!
Look upon these often, for they will remind you
of your own light!
And eyes…oh, gaze into the eyes of every Lover.
Gaze into the eyes of every other
for they have given you their Universes
as fields to run free in.
There.
I have given you everything you need.
Now go, go, go outside and play!”

‘Go Outside and Play’ © 2007 Em Claire
myspace layouts

myspace layouts

THANK YOU FOR VISITING "MUSINGS". HOPE YOU WILL SIGN MY GUESTBOOK AND FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON ANY INDIVIDUAL POST. COMMENTS OPTION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH POST. I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VISIT AND RETURN OFTEN!

Mountain Top Guest Book

View Guestbook
Sign Guestbook

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CELESTIAL ARTISTRY...

Sunset on Drayton Harbor, WA.












O Lord, you have searched me and you know me
You know when I sit and when I rise
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely
O Lord
You hem me in-behind and before
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there
if I make my bed in the depths, You are there
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your had will guide me
Your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
Even the darkness will not be dark to You:
the night will shine like the day
for darkness is as light as You.
For You created my inmost being:
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalms 139

3 comments:

Lily said...

VERY NICE PICS! LOVE THE SUNSET!!!

I'M SURPRISED THAT YOU QUOTED FROM THE BIBLE... BUT NICE AND VERY TENDER, GENTLE WORDS.

AM LISTENEING TO "WAR IS OVER NOW" BY
SARAH BRIGHTMAN. DO YOU KNOW IT?
IT'S VERY CATCHY AND DRAMATIC, EVEN THOUGH IT'S A LITTLE TOO MODERN FOR ME. BUT I LOVE THE ARABIC SINGER. HE GETS IT JUST RIGHT AND I HEARD THAT HER HER NEW ALBUM IS FINALLY FREE OF THAT GERMAN PRODUCER'S CRAP OR AT LEAST IF HE'S STILL IN ON IT, HE'S KEPT ALL THAT TECHNO-BS TO HIMSELF... AND HAS GONE OVER TO CLASSICAL AGAIN...

Sharon said...

Hi Sarah Sofia, thanks for dropping by! I suppose many will be surprised to see the Bible included in one of my posts. There are many beautiful stories and poems in the Bible and I do pick and choose as I see fit.

My main goal was to print something from the Bible that directily parallels the teachings of all religions, including new age(a misnomer). God is with us wherever we go...but more importantly to me is the stanza about our lives being planned before we ever incarnate on the earth. Many religions believe that we, too, are in on that planning...if that is so, how would that change the way we respond to events in our life???

Lily said...

good intention, sharon!
and very true what you write!
God is everywhere and within us!

Oh well i don't know how that would change our point of view. because unfortunately people aren't very sane most of the time and are more in some kind of a "reactive-mode" rather than thinking conciously and making sane and sensible decisions. I think most people feel too overwhelmed to think straight.
Sorry to say that!

However those who are leaning towards philosophical thoughts could get a lot out of considering their own share in the events and how they can and would like to take responsibility.

Does that answer you question?

gotta run, the garden is waitingt. finally we've got sunshine and warmth and I need to do soo much, picking berries, apples and all sorts of things...