Go Outside and Play!

Go outside and play!” said God.
“I have given you Universes
as fields to run free in!
And here—take this and wrap yourself in it—It’s called:
LOVE
and It will always, always keep you warm.
And stars! The sun and the moon and the stars!
Look upon these often, for they will remind you
of your own light!
And eyes…oh, gaze into the eyes of every Lover.
Gaze into the eyes of every other
for they have given you their Universes
as fields to run free in.
There.
I have given you everything you need.
Now go, go, go outside and play!”

‘Go Outside and Play’ © 2007 Em Claire
myspace layouts

myspace layouts

THANK YOU FOR VISITING "MUSINGS". HOPE YOU WILL SIGN MY GUESTBOOK AND FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON ANY INDIVIDUAL POST. COMMENTS OPTION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH POST. I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VISIT AND RETURN OFTEN!

Mountain Top Guest Book

View Guestbook
Sign Guestbook

Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL...

Dolly Pardon, one of my favorites, and a woman to be admired for all her success in life...coming from very humble roots. If you don't get chills listening to this song...then you must be dead!!!

4 comments:

Lily said...

Hi Sharon!
Happy Easter to you, too!
The kingfisher-story is sweet. But also reminds me a bit about "Darcy Farrow". Ledgends always end up being presented in a beautiful way, even if the original story has been quite different. But then again stories need a good point and a lot of emotion and a healthy portion of "fairy tale" otherwise it wouldn't be a good story, would it?!

I love the fiddle-final-video, it really makes your feet dance while you listen to it! And yes, what is he doing with that other hand? perhaps playing the piano as well?

My oldest son is a Dolly Parton-fan and I've also always liked her. Do you know "For God and Country"? I can imagine your husband would really dislike that she did that and frankly for me it never coiuld be "for God..." because God just doesn't have a thing to do with war and it's just completely sick to even imply that our own incompetence of handling ourselves can be blamed on God. however, in spite of that and in spite of the fact that I do not approve of kids being thrown at the frontline as canon foder, I do like the album very much, it's very "up-beat" and motivating and I also admire her very much for her sense of humor, for being so disciplined and for really pulling it off and being so successfull in the business-world.

Since we're talking music: Do you like Emmiou Harris and John Denver?
And I also listend really a lot to Joan Baez when I was young...
love, Sarah sofia

Marci said...

Very inspirational!

tom said...

Thanks for posting this. One of my favorite vocalists and this is a great song.

Anonymous said...

I love Dolly Pardon...hearing this sure makes it hard to stay seated and not jump up and sing right along with her...so I did..although I can't carry a tune in a bucket..
Makes me look forward to the day we shall all be with Him!!!!!!!!!!!!